2013 Annual Lecture with Guest Speaker Father Mark Miller, CSSR
SPEAKER: Fr. Mark Miller, CSsR, the Provincial of the English-speaking Redemptorists in Canada, is an ethicist with the Centre for Clinical Ethics which serves St. Joseph’s Health Centre, St. Michael’s Hospital, and Providence Healthcare Care in Toronto. He received a doctorate in Moral Theology from the University of Notre Dame and spent sixteen years as a clinical bioethicist with St. Paul’s Hospital in Saskatoon and the Catholic Health Association of Saskatchewan.
As an educator, Father Mark has taught and given workshops for Catholic colleges and adult formation programs, as well as for Catholic teachers and many health care practitioners. He is passionate about Catholic and faith-based health care, palliative and hospice care, and parish nursing.
Cardinal Ambrozic Lecture
Annual Lecture Series
- 2012 – High Quality, High Value – Hospice Palliative Care in Ontario with Guest Speaker Rick Firth, Executive Director, Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- 2010 – Ethical and Loving Care of Persons Living with Progressive Cognitive Impairments and Their Families with Guest Speaker William Sullivan, MD, PhD
- 2009 – A deeply Human Need: Palliative Care for the Young, the Old, the Marginalized and the Homeless with Guest Speakers Dr. Marisa Zorzitto, geriatrician at St. Michaels Hospital; Dr. Chris Newman, pediatrician and palliative care specialist at Sick Kids; Rowena Thirlwell, RN, palliative care nurse at Perram House, a hospice for the homeless and marginalized.
Other Lectures and Discussions
- 2012 – Discharge Planning as a Quotidian Ethical Issue Impacting Patients with Guest Speaker Bob Parke, BA, BSW, MSW, MHSc Bioethics
- 2012 – A LOOK AND CRITIQUE OF THE LIVERPOOL CARE PATHWAY Ensuring quality palliative care—Can guidelines and pathways help? with Guest Speaker Dr A.T. Kerigan
- 2012 – Sedation of Persons who are Seriously Ill or Dying: Catholic Positions with Guest Speaker William Sullivan, MD, PhD
- 2012 – Assisted Suicide: A Clear and Present Danger? with Rory Fisher, MB, FRCP(Ed)(C)
- 2012 – Assisted Suicide: A Clear and Present Danger? with Moira McQueen, LLB, MDiv, PhD.
- 2012 – The Gift of Life — Organ Donation: A Catholic Perspective with Guest Speakers Sabrina Coccagna, Deacon Michael Hayes and Ronnie Gavsie, Trillium Gift of Life Network CEO
- 2010 – Ethical Concerns in Pandemic Planning with Guest Speaker Rory Fisher
- 2010 – Ethical Concerns in Pandemic Planning with Guest Speaker Shawn Tracy
Video featuring CCBI
- 2013 – Female Gendercide – Perspectives Weekly - As pro-lifers prepare to March for Life in Ottawa, host Kris Dmytrenko examines the issue with guests Dr. Moira McQueen from the Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute, Peter D. Murphy from the Catholic Organization for Life and Family, and Rebecca Richmond from the National Campus Life Network.