Conscience Right & Conscientious Objection In The Workplace
Cardinal Ambrozic Lecture
- 2013 –Evangelizing the Culture with Guest Speaker Cardinal Thomas Collins
- 2012 –Living Life’s End with Guest Speaker Susan Morgan
- 2011 – Catholic Spirituality and Health Care with Guest Speaker Bishop William McGrattan
- 2010 – Science and Religion in Conversation with Guest Speaker Rob Allore
Annual Lecture Series
- 2016 – Ethics Concerning The Elderly and Palliative Care with Guest Speaker Bishop Noël Simard
- 2014 – The Cardinal Virtues and Bioethics – Mass, Lecture and Reception to Thank and Honour Frank and Helen Morneau with Moira McQueen, LLB, MDiv, PhD.
- 2013 – Can One Plan for a Good Death? The Legal, Practical and Ethical Intend of Advance Directives with Guest Speaker Rick Firth, Executive Director, Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- 2012 – High Quality, High Value – Hospice Palliative Care in Ontario with Guest Speaker Rick Firth, Executive Director, Hospice Palliative Care Ontario
- 2010 – Ethical and Loving Care of Persons Living with Progressive Cognitive Impairments and Their Families with Guest Speaker William Sullivan, MD, PhD
- 2009 – A deeply Human Need: Palliative Care for the Young, the Old, the Marginalized and the Homeless with Guest Speakers Dr. Marisa Zorzitto, geriatrician at St. Michaels Hospital; Dr. Chris Newman, pediatrician and palliative care specialist at Sick Kids; Rowena Thirlwell, RN, palliative care nurse at Perram House, a hospice for the homeless and marginalized.
Other Lectures and Discussions
- 2017 – Conscience Right & Conscientious Objection In The Workplace – Bishop Ronald Fabbro, Diocese of London, David Mulroney, President, USMC. Dr Moira McQueen, Executive Director, CCBI. Dr Bridget Campion, Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute, Moral Theologian. Christina Lamb, PhD (c), Philosophy of Nursing.
- 2016 – Continuing to Grow in the Second Half of Life – Sister Mary Rose Marrin, CSJ
- 2016 – Mental Health, Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia – Where are We Going? with Guest Speaker William Sullivan, MD, PhD
- 2015 – Webcast on Ontario Physicians’ Conscience Rights
- 2014 – Islamic Perspectives on End of Life Issues with Dr. Shabbir Alibhai
- 2012 – Discharge Planning as a Quotidian Ethical Issue Impacting Patients with Guest Speaker Bob Parke, BA, BSW, MSW, MHSc Bioethics
- 2012 – A LOOK AND CRITIQUE OF THE LIVERPOOL CARE PATHWAY Ensuring quality palliative care—Can guidelines and pathways help? with Guest Speaker Dr A.T. Kerigan
- 2012 – Sedation of Persons who are Seriously Ill or Dying: Catholic Positions with Guest Speaker William Sullivan, MD, PhD
- 2012 – Assisted Suicide: A Clear and Present Danger? with Rory Fisher, MB, FRCP(Ed)(C)
- 2012 – Assisted Suicide: A Clear and Present Danger? with Moira McQueen, LLB, MDiv, PhD.
- 2012 – The Gift of Life — Organ Donation: A Catholic Perspective with Guest Speakers Sabrina Coccagna, Deacon Michael Hayes and Ronnie Gavsie, Trillium Gift of Life Network CEO
- 2010 – Ethical Concerns in Pandemic Planning with Guest Speaker Rory Fisher
- 2010 – Ethical Concerns in Pandemic Planning with Guest Speaker Shawn Tracy
Video featuring CCBI
- 2013 – Female Gendercide – Perspectives Weekly – As pro-lifers prepare to March for Life in Ottawa, host Kris Dmytrenko examines the issue with guests Dr. Moira McQueen from the Canadian Catholic Bioethics Institute, Peter D. Murphy from the Catholic Organization for Life and Family, and Rebecca Richmond from the National Campus Life Network.