- Canadian Bioethics Society Providing a range of relevant information, this site is intended as a resource for current and future members of the CBS, as well as for any other individuals or organizations interested in bioethical issues. Created in 1988 from the fusion of the Canadian Society of Bioethic and the Société canadienne de la bioéthique médicale, the Canadian Bioethics Society has over 600 current members.
- The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity exists to help individuals and organizations address the pressing bioethical challenges of our day, including managed care, end-of-life treatment, genetic intervention, euthanasia and suicide, and reproductive technologies.
- Centre for Clinical Ethics The mission of the Centre for Clinical Ethics is to enable members of the health care community to identify and resolve ethical issues which arise in the clinical setting. We do this through education, case consultations, policy development, and research.
- FIBIP (Italian only) International Federation of centres and institutes of Personalist Bioethics, La FIBIP (Federazione Internazionale dei Centri ed Istituti di Bioetica di Ispirazione Personalista), che ha sede in Roma, presso il Centro di Bioetica dell’Università Cattolica, nasce dalla consapevolezza che le decisioni e gli orientamenti che vengono a prospettarsi nell’ambito delle scienze biomediche soggette ad un accelerato ed incisivo progresso ed ad altrettanto innovative applicazioni, avranno una decisiva importanza per il futuro dell’umanità.
- International Association of Catholic Bioethicists Promoting and fostering cooperation among Catholic bioethicists through prayer, friendship, discussion and collaborative research so that we may better serve “our lords, the sick”, and those who care for them.
- Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) Founded in 1943 and officially recognized by the Holy See in 1948, the CCCB is the national association of Canada’s bishops. Before Vatican II, the CCCB’s work was centered on diocesan pastoral work.
- St. Augustine’s Seminary is the formation of candidates to the Diocesan Priesthood for the Roman Catholic Church in English-speaking Canada. At the same time, they are proud to offer programmes of study for the formation of candidates to the Permanent Diaconate, as well as a variety of degrees and diplomas of interest to lay men and women, and members of religious orders.
- The Official Vatican Website is the official Catholic Church website where documents, news, activities and teaching of the Church are found.
- The Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Ontario The Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Ontario is the association of the Catholic bishops in the Province of Ontario in the service of Catholics of Ontario. By its very nature, the ACBO is involved in matters of conscience. It is, therefore, involved in providing information and instruction about the principles and moral positions of the Church on all aspects of life. The ACBO is one of four regional assemblies of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops, which is located in Ottawa. The CCCB is the national association of all Catholic bishops of Canada.
Organizations and Institutions
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the major federal agency responsible for funding health research in Canada. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) supports more than 10,000 researchers and staff each year. Together they are challenging the frontiers of science in order to increase our knowledge and understanding of health sciences and ultimately, to improve the health of Canadians.
- Canadian Virtual Hospice The Canadian Virtual Hospice provides support and personalized information about palliative and end-of-life care to patients, family members, health care providers, researchers and educators.
- Care Not Killing is a UK-based alliance of individuals and organisations which brings together human rights groups, healthcare groups, palliative care groups and
- Caroline Chisholm Centre for Health Ethics The Caroline Chisholm Centre for Health Ethics began operation in March 1995. It began as a response to the Catholic
Hospitals’ demand for greater understanding and advice on ethical issues in health care.
- Catholic Health Alliance of Canada The Catholic Health Alliance of Canada is a national Christian community committed to health care in the tradition of the Catholic Church. Our mission is to witness to the healing ministry and abiding presence of Jesus. Our concern is for health in all its aspects: physical, emotional, spiritual, and social.
- Catholic Organization for Life and Family To build a civilization of love by promoting respect for human life and human dignity and the essential role of the family.
- Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN) Children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions have very specific and unique palliative care needs, often different to those of adults. The International Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN) shares a vision that these total needs should be met to encompass physical, emotional, spiritual and developmental aspects of care.
- The Guild of Catholic Doctors Website Association of Catholic Doctors in England & Wales. About a quarter of all Catholics on the Medical Register are members, including general practitioners, consultant surgeons, physicians, paediatricians, geriatricians, psychiatrists, anaesthetists and obstetricians & gynaecologists.
- Physicians for Compassionate Care affirms an ethic based on the principle that all human life is inherently valuable and that the physician’s roles are to heal illness, alleviate suffering, and provide comfort for the sick and dying. This organization promotes compassionate care for severely ill patients without sanctioning or assisting their suicide.
- Canadian Physicians for Life Founded in 1975, the Canadian Physician for Life is a non-profit, charitable organization of Canadian physicians dedicated to the respect and ethical treatment of every human being, regardless of age or infirmity.
- Pontifical Academy for Life With his Motu Proprio “Vitae Mysterium” (11.2.1994), John Paul II established the Pontifical Academy for Life.
- Public Health Agency of Canada To promote and protect the health of Canadians through leadership, partnership, innovation and action in public health.
- Regional Palliative Care Program in Edmonton Alberta, Capital Health Region Our objective is to provide information and resources available in the Regional Palliative Care
Program for the general public and health care professionals.
- St. Joseph Moscati Toronto Catholic Doctors’ Guild founded in 1977 to promote Catholic values in health care. Members are physicians, dentists, clergy and other health care professionals working in the Archdiocese of Toronto.
- Saint Elizabeth Health Care shares its talent and wisdom to serve the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of individuals and families in their homes and communities. Inspired by our historic roots and traditional respect for human dignity, we strive to care with professional excellence and compassion.
- Continuing Education at the University of St. Michael’s College What began in the fall of 1985 as a two-part lecture series entitled “Varieties of Christian Experience” and “The Legacy of Vatican II”, organized by a committee of enthusiastic volunteers, has developed into a permanent academic unit within the University of St. Michael’s College.
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Ethics Offered through Creighton University’s Center for Health Policy and Ethics In this one-of-a-kind program students complete a one credit scholarly reading and writing course and then choose any four courses from the Master’s curriculum to ‘create their own’ certificate. Students have the opportunity to choose from a broad array of classes with focus areas including research ethics, health policy and practical applications in health care settings allowing you to focus in your particular area of interest.
- Newman Theological College Newman Theological College was founded in 1969 by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, Alberta. The College is a private, Roman Catholic academic institution dedicated to the study of theology and related disciplines.The College offers graduate-level programs and classes in theology and religious education during the day, in the evening and via the internet. The College is an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
- University of Saint Mary Newman Nurses who wish to deepen their understanding of ethics in health care and gain the knowledge and perspective with which to practice these ethics may consider an online nursing degree at the bachelor level, which can help to provide an ethical road map through the realities of health care today.
- PHEN The Provincial Health Ethics Network (PHEN) is a non- profit, non- partisan organization which provides resources to Albertans to support systematic and thoughtful analysis of ethical issues in the health system. It is funded primarily by the Ministry of Health and Wellness and the ten Regional Health Authorities and Boards of Alberta.
- The Faith in the Public Square series is about addressing the challenging and contentious questions that pervade our society today. Whether at our places of worship, our offices, or even a coffee-shop, we are constantly having to balance competing rights claims in our complex multicultural society. For many, finding expression of one’s faith in the public square can seem a bewildering prospect, but as our speakers are often quick to remind us it is by no means an impossible task.
- Catholic News The mission of Catholic News Service is the mission of the Church itself — to spread the Gospel through contemporary means of communication.
- Catholic Register Learn more about your faith, a view of the world through Catholic eyes, see what Catholics are thinking and doing, help living your faith in a complex world.
- The Independent UK newspaper on line edition.
- Life Site News LifeSite is a web portal dedicated to issues of culture, life, and family. It was launched in September 1997. LifeSite news and information is widely used by other services and by leaders and grassroots people across North America and internationally.
- Stem Cell Research News the premier source of news and information about stem cell research since 1999!
- Vatican Information Services The Vatican Information Service is a news service, founded in the Holy See Press Office, that provides information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia.
- Western Catholic Reporter The Mission of the Western Catholic Reporter is … “To serve our readers by helping them deepen their faith through accurate information and reflective commentary on events and issues of concern to the church.”
- Zenit – The World Seen From Rome ZENIT is an International News Agency. Our mission is to provide objective coverage of events, documents and issues emanating from or concerning the Catholic Church.